The Patriots were clearly not the only winner in the Superbowl XLIX. The Social Media SuperBowl set some new records of its own that are pretty exciting for all of us social and marketing geeks!
On this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast I provide the following as it relates to the social media and brand advertising portion of the SuperBowl XLIX:
- A recap of the Social Super Bowl statistics including the top social moments, winning and losing brands in gaining attention from the SuperBowl social audience
- My thoughts on some of the top SuperBowl commercials and why some flew and some flopped
- 8 takeaways from the SuperBowl brand advertisers we can all learn from and incorporate into our business today
You can listen here or on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
A few stats to wet your social whistle:
- For a 30 second commercial during the Superbowl, NBC was seeking $4.4 - $4.5 million!
- This was the most tweeted SuperBowl event ever with a record breaking 28.4 million tweets during the broadcast, second only to the FIFA soccer semi-final between Germany and Brazil which brought in 35.6 million tweets.
- Top hashtags used were #SB49, #SuperBowl and #SuperBowlXLIX
- Demographics were 54.7% male, 45.3% females
- 50% of the 66 TV commercials aired during the game incorporated a hashtag
- On Facebook, the SuperBowl was discussed by 65 million people versus 50 million in 2014. It generated 265 million costs, comments and likes.
Take a listen to the podcast to hear the rest of the statistics and the 8 key takeaways we can all learn from!
Be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
- 8 Social Media SuperBowl Advertising Key Takeaways for brands big and small
- Why emotion still sells
- People don't forget what the big brands did last year and the year before
- The importance of making sure your ad does more than drive emotion and also aligns with your brand
- Balancing having a plan and being human during and after the game online
- How Volvo creatively cut through the noise of other automobile advertisers
- The importance of a social listening
- Why you must have a call to action
Direct download: SZF_095_SuperbowlRecap_Final_mixdown.mp3
-- posted at: 11:47am EST