You hear your colleagues, boss, friends and even teens rave about how crazy amazing Twitter and other social networks are. They brag about how many people they have met, relationships nurtured and rocked. The are excited about new partnerships, friendships and opportunities that all started with a simple 140 character tweet.
You smile as they share the excitement with you. You nod your head in agreement. However, the truth is you are questioning the validity of their statements. If what they say is true you wonder why you have such a hard time even getting a conversation on Twitter started.
Does this sound familiar?
- Do you struggle with what to tweet about?
- Don't know if you should share what you ate for lunch or not?
- Wonder if you should share the kids Saturday morning soccer game on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or all of the above?
- Don't know where to start when it comes to getting a conversation started on Twitter or any social network for that matter?
- Does Twitter intimidate you more than any other social network?
- Does Twitter seem like a bunch of crazy noise to you?
- Do you feel that everyone understands this crazy 140 character language except for you?
Social media is one big fat relationship and conversation. Learning how to be a relevant, contributing, inspiring part of the conversation is key to seeing real business and personal results using Twitter.
Take a listen to the 128th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast for 22 Tips to help you get the conversation started on Twitter! My blog and our agency site is loaded with information to help you with all aspects of social media. I encourage you to first listen to the podcast and then download our free resources listed at the bottom of this blog post including the Twitter Persona Worksheet.
In this 30 minute podcast you will learn:
- How to get the Twitter conversation started
- How to develop your Twitter persona
- Importance of content that is relevant, contextual and helpful
- How to properly setup your Twitter profile
- The importance of understanding the needs of your audience
- Using Twitter lists to filter the noise
- Installing Sprout Social or Hootsuite on your mobile device
- Embracing imperfect perfection
- The power of the OPC - other people's content and community
- Integrating Twitter with other social networks
- Quality over quantity in everything you do
- Power of Twitter chats
- Why you should never buy fake Twitter followers
- How to keep your Twitter content fresh and relevant
- How to learn about your audience with social listening and Twitter lists
Direct download: SZF_128_Tweetitup_Final_mixdown.mp3
-- posted at: 11:33am EDT